Friday, April 24, 2009

Free Food you don't need? Donate to the food bank

The other day I was doing my grocery shopping and came across a lot of cereal on sale for .99 cents. It was for Fruit Loops Smoothies Cereal. The great thing was I had coupons that were buy 2 boxes of cereal and save $2, which meant that the cereal was FREE. I was very excited and grabbed a few boxes for my family. At the same time I thought about all of the people that are in need right now and how Food Banks are low on supplies because donations are much lower. So instead of just buying the food for my family, I also purchased more boxes of the cereal with my coupons to donate to the Food Bank. This didn't cost me a cent, and was well worth the effort. Knowing that I was helping a family or person in need is more the worth the effort of purchasing some extra boxes of cereal and donating them to the Food Bank.

The Tip? If you are able to find products at a great price or free, grab a couple extra and drop them off at you Local Food Bank, Woman's Shelter. It will be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment